SAFARI MASAI MARA, 3 DAYS FROM NAIROBI
Day 1 Masai Mara Safari
Begin the safari Masai Mara with a morning pickup from the airport directly on to the safari. Alternatively, start from the overnight hotel in Nairobi then depart towards Nakuru . Your safari guide stops over at the Crater view point for pictures and a souvenir. Later, depart for the Mara game reserve through the district of Narok arriving in time for lunch. At the booked Safari lodge in the park, spend the afternoon looking at game from the lodge.
Have an evening game-viewing safari with your safari guide. As the conditions cool, lookout for Elephant, Cape Buffalo, Thomson’s Gazelle and birds or prey. Activities on the river and water sources include photo opportunities for the Big Five African spotting. Hippo and crocodile as well as the elusive leopard and cheetah are a possibility. The evening game viewing drive ends back at the lodge for meals and overnight at the Safari Lodge or Tented camp of choice. Meal plan: Lunch then Dinner.
Day 2 Maasai Mara Kenya Safari
Rise up early in the morning for a Typical Masai Mara Safari. The early mornings are best for the Lions on the other hand Cheetahs on hunts. For photographers of wildlife, camps near the River are the best for wildlife opportunities. It is also possible to do a balloon safari, guests enjoy a floating experience over the wildlife. The morning game drive is preceded by a champagne breakfast amidst the wildlife and nature. If time allows, visit the Masai tribesmen in their manyattas at an extra fee. Meals then overnight at Mara Sopa/Serena/Sarova Lodges.
Day 3 Nairobi Kenya Tour
Have another game drive in search of the wildlife on the plains including hunts. Return to the safari lodge for breakfast then check out with a morning animal watching tour. Stop along the way for shopping before departing for Nairobi to arrive in the early afternoon.
Prices begin from as low as 499 per person, depending on the safari lodge category. The group departures are available on request for lower prices.
MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE GENERAL INFORMATION
- The Masai Mara Game reserve is located at the Tanzania and Kenya border. This is Kenya’s best Safari national park boasting of over 1500 square kilometers. Rolling grasslands then plains that extend into Tanzania to combine the great Serengeti Game reserves.
- The wildlife of the Masai Mara Game reserve concentrate along the marshes and the Rivers. Large prides of Lions similarly Cheetahs provide the highlight of a Mara Safari in Kenya. A typical safari to the Mara starts early morning in a custom built safari vehicle then follows trails. Most animals follow marked trails used by Grant’s Gazelle, Zebra, Cape Buffalo, Elephant Cheetah, Hippos and crocodile. Along the River banks, the Migration of the Masai Mara provide the best experienced.
- Ballooning safaris are available at an extra cost. The Mara safari by balloon is conducted from the air as millions of wildlife is viewed from above. Guests then land for surprise champagne breakfast surrounded by the animals on the Savannah.
- The peak seasons are in the months of July, August, September and October. The migrating Wildebeests cross the rising Mara River in search of the mineral rich sprouting grasses on the Kenya Side. Crocodiles are usually active along the crossing points, feeding on Zebra, Topi and Buffalo.
- The safari Masai mara village walks next to the Mara Game reserve introduces one to a typical way of life of the Masai tribesmen. These are predominantly nomads co existing with the wildlife and able to conduct cultural interactions.
- Preferred accommodations for safaris in the Mara include; Mara Serena Lodge, Mara Sopa Lodge, Keekorok Lodge, Kichwa Tembo, Governor’s Camp on the other hand Sekenani budget Camp ground for the Mara Safari camping.