3 Days Gorilla Safari Rwanda
Day One: Mountain Gorilla Safari
Start your Gorilla Safari Rwanda tour with a transfer from your arrival flight from the Kigali International Airport. Then proceed to the Volcanoes on a 3 hour drive through terraced Mountains referred to as the one thousand hills. Later, arrive at the base of the Volcanoes park to check in at the Mountain Gorilla View Lodge. Meal plan: Dinner
Transit time: 2 hours.
Day Two: Rwanda Gorilla Safari
Breakfast at the hotel and start a morning gorilla briefing session. The gorilla safari guides will explain about the etiquette and will advise you on how to behave while on the gorilla trek. Also, how to conduct yourselves in case of mock charges by the silver back gorillas. The trekking then starts with a walk through the Volcanoes gorilla park and will take about 2 hours or more depending on the gorilla group to visit. The trackers locate the gorillas, thereafter, an hour of viewing and photographing these peaceful animals in their natural habitat. Later, have lunch at the hotel before heading back into Kigali to arrive for dinner and overnight at the Kigali Serena or Hotel Gorillas . Meal plan: Breeakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Day Three: Rwanda Safari to Genocide
Breakfast at the Hotel and later, depart for the Kigali International airport for departure. Should you however wish to do a genocide memorial or visit Kigali on a city tour, you are welcome to consider this at an extra fee if time allows.
Price per person in a double or twin starts at US$1,048 + US$750 Gorilla permit.
Price per person in a single room US$1,200 + US$750 Gorilla permit.
The Gorilla Safari Rwanda price Includes:
- Airport transfers,
- park entrance fees,
- Gorilla permits and
- private custom built 4×4 safari vehicles with knowledgeable English speaking driver guides.
However, the price for the Gorilla Safari Rwanda excludes the following:
- Airfare to Rwanda,
- visas(where applicable),
- drinks and
- personal expenses not listed in the program.
Helpful tips on the gorilla safari Rwanda program:
- Drink a lot of water to minimize the effects of altitude sickness.
- Gorillas have undergone habituation for over 30 years. However, this doesn’t make them domesticated. You are advised to keep a distance when they get closer.
- On the Rwanda gorilla hike, you are advised to carry gardening gloves for protection against stinging nettles, a delicacy of the Mountain Gorillas.
- Gorillas live in families in the volcanoes, your guide will try to keep you in a tight group to avoid splitting them which may cause a gorilla charge by the dominant male.
- In case of dangerous animals like the forest buffalo on the gorilla trail. Your guide will request for permission to scare these away by firing a warning shot from his gun.
- Please desist from giving out candy to the kids that beg by the roadsides, this actually destructs them from going to school to become habitual beggars.
After the gorilla treks,
it is possible to take part in other activities near the park. You are welcome to request for more information from your Rwanda guides or your driver guide.
- Part of your payment for a gorilla permit is re invested back in the nearby communities welfare. Schools, health centers and revenue sharing is aimed at controlling habitat loss and stall the degrading of the gorilla sanctuaries.
- This is an arduous trek to find the Mountain gorillas on the Gorilla Safari Rwanda tour. The walk could be as little as a few minutes, to as long as over 8 hours depending on the feeding range of the family.
- In case of failure to make the gorilla trek, a stretcher service is available for those with disabilities or the fatigued at an extra charge.
- Clients need to be hydrated during the gorilla walking trip. You should request for an extra bottle of water for your day pack.
- A walking stick is a good Idea to keep balance during the hike in the forest and the mountains.