2 days Mikumi Safari
Morning pick up from your Hotel in Dar es salaam then proceed with your Mukumi safari for the tour of Mikumi National park. The drive through some arid vegetation mainly characterized by African Savannah and scattered acacia. We will arrive into the park, thereafter proceed through a game drive. See Impala, as well as the elegant sable antelope a rare species in Tanzania. Lions may be encountered stalking, then hunting for the Impala in the park. Herds of Eland, the biggest Antelope on the African safari seen in big numbers. We arrive for lunch at the Vuma Hill Tented Camp and later, we have an evening game viewing. On the Mikumi safari, we may also find Sable and Greater Kudu before dinner and overnight at Vuma Hill Tented Camp.
Morning breakfast at the dinning hall, later, we will proceed on a morning wildlife safari into the Mikumi National park. We will be looking out for Cape buffalo that browse under the thickets. Lion can be observed hunting for antelope, leopards are very rare and these usually hide out in the trees. They tend to carry their prey up the trees to safeguard the kill from the nosy hyenas. Hippos are plentiful along the river banks, while the Wild dogs are usually seen on hunts trying to chase down the wildebeests. Pythons are a rare sighting, but may be observed feeding on Impala. Finally, the safari to Mikumi, ends in the early evening with a return to Dar Es Salaam, after driving through large herds of elephants and harte-beest.
End of our services.
Tour price per person sharing from US$880 and above depending on group size and accommodation level
Safari single supplement from US$199
The following included in the 2days Safari to Mikumi:
- English speaking driver guide in safari land cruiser.
- Game drives on safari
- activities at Vuma Hills Tented Camps,
- complimentary bush walks with Masai guide.
- Accommodation as well as meals on safari and at the safari camp.
- Access to the swimming pool after a game viewing safari.
- Park entrance fees and all transfers in the park for the evening and morning tours.
Excluded in the safari price for the Mikumi National Park tour are:
- Beverages not listed,
- flights if required for evacuation,
- travel insurance,
- safaris not listed above to be taken privately,
- pre-safari accommodations with
- meals in Dar es salaam and
- any other personal expenses not listed in the program.