GORILLA RESORT – BWINDI IMPENETRABLE
Gorilla Resort (Gorilla’s Favorite place) is an intimate exclusive safari camp with breath-taking views of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest on a Mountain side.
Location: Buhoma, Bwindi National Park. The Gorilla Resort sits on an area over 4,000 square metres next to the main road. A 4 minutes’ walk or 1 minute drive to the briefing point at the Uganda Wildlife Authority park offices. Briefings in addition to gorilla trekking, commence at the offices.
The Main Lodge building at Gorilla Resort features the dining area, lounge, restaurant, bar. At the same time, an elevated camp fire deck overlooking the tropical rain forest. The resident expert chef conjures up magnificent meals, catering to all tastes as well as dietary requirements. Sun-downers are served on the bonfire deck meanwhile, enjoying the sights and sounds of the African Wilderness.
The Gorilla Resort camp features en-suite over-sized, African Safari Tents. Set on elevated wooden platforms boasting, by and large one of the finest views in the area. The Camp is equipped with comfortable rustic log beds as well as insect netting. The rooms have private Victorian Bathtubs, showers by the same token, furniture. The wooden decked balconies offer spectacular expansive views over the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The mountain vegetation and close proximity to the park , attracts families of rare Mountain gorillas into the camp.
The Gorilla Resort, located at the Edge of the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, in Kanungu district. The Camp access is 1.5 – 2 hours by scheduled or private air from Entebbe. Flights to the Bwindi Utilize Kihiihi or Kayonza airfields. The drive all day drive from Kampala or Entebbe is through Mbarara, as a mid point. Accessing through Rukungiri or the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National park.
Gorilla trekking: Guided by ranger guides in search of the endangered Mountain Gorillas. Tracking for a total of Five gorilla groups from this location begins 3 minutes from the lodge.
Waterfalls trail: This is a 3 hour easy walk through the equatorial rain forest. Good for blue monkey, l’hoest monkeys, duikers, butterflies and forest Duikers. Colonies of vocalizing chimpanzees(not habituated), forest birds, private places and the magnificent falls of the River Munyaga.
Bird watching: Endemic species rarely seen in other parts of the world reside here.
Game drives: 1 hour by road to the expansive Ishasha plains for the rare tree Climbing. Also see Lions, Topi, Elephant, Hippo, Uganda Kob and monkeys.
Guided bush walks: Nature trips for both the young and the old.
sun-downers: Served either privately, or on the main lodge overlooking the Impenetrable forest.
Cultural visits: A village walk through an African setting and interactions with Batwa on a cultural experience. A possibility to participate in mock hunts as well as dancing with the Batwa.
Drinks Policy: (Subject to the package booked), Soft drinks, water, beer and house wines included in the room rate. Champagne, special wines and luxury spirits are additional.
Laundry Policy: (Subject to the package booked) Laundry service included
AN IDEA ON HOW TO SPEND THE DAY
- 06:00am: Wake up call with hot coffee or Tea, possible at your Balcony before sunrise.
- 07:00am: A full Breakfast consisting of cereals, tea/coffee/juices, fruits, eggs in addition to pastries. All served in the dining area overlooking the Impenetrable forest.
- 07:45am – Depart for the morning briefing by the Tourism Wardens and guides. The Gorilla trekking starts around 08:30 am and may last up to 8 hours or just a couple of minutes.
- Depending on the time one gets back to camp, from now until afternoon tea, guests will be at leisure. Reading wildlife literature or on nature walks and visiting the nearby villages.
- 06:00pm – Pre-dinner drinks and snacks, served at the bar or in privacy of the rooms.
- 07:00pm – Three course dinner – generally speaking the starter and desert, served, whilst the main course is sometimes buffet style.
- 08:30pm on wards – Coffee and liqueurs(subject to board plan) served by the camp fire and finally dinner.
Other Mountain gorilla safaris to Bwindi:
- Uganda gorilla flying safari with Ishasha
- Mountain Gorilla fly in Safari Uganda, Daily Departures
- Uganda Gorilla Safari Package tour
- Uganda Safari Holiday, gorillas and Wildlife safari 15 days