2 Day Rwanda gorilla tour, Daily departures from Kigali
Day one: Subject to the time of arrival or if picking up from your overnight Hotel in Kigali, the African safaris representative will be ready. Thereafter, depart towards the Volcanoes in a 4×4 safari Vehicle on the 2 day Rwanda gorilla tour. Depending on the group size for this set departure, you will meet other gorilla visitors and have a short briefing by your safari guide. Later, heading out to the lush Mountainous steep ascent to the Hotel Muhabura. At an extra fee, visit the communities in the area or the Batwa tribesmen a people of the forest. These former residents of the jungle have now been resettled outside of the Gorilla sanctuary following the gazettement of the National park. Meals and overnight will be at the Hotel Muhabura a property that was once used by Dian Fossey during the research and habituation of the Mountain Gorillas in Rwanda.
Day Two: Have an early morning breakfast at the Hotel Muhabura. Later meet your tour guide who will drive you to the starting base from where you will have a gorilla trek briefing by the park authorities. You are welcome to ask about the gorilla viewing experience from the park staff, some of who worked with habituation from the 1960s to date.
Rwanda Gorilla trekking experience
The gorilla visit will begin following allocation of the groups depending on what group each one would wish to trek. The walk is coordinated by the trackers who will be spotting the gorilla family ahead of time and will direct the guides to the location. The gorilla trekking party of 8 people is allowed approximately 60 minutes of taking pictures. Then interacting with the gorillas before returning to base after a picnic lunch. Eventually, freshen up and depending on the timing for your flight out of Kigali, start the return journey back which takes about 2 hours.
Tour price per person USD2,225
Tour price will Includes:
- Shared 4×4 safari vehicle from Kigali to the gorilla sanctuary and back.
- Accommodation at Meals and the Mountain base in Kinigi.
- A picnic lunch box during the gorilla trek.
- , One gorilla trekking permit.
- Gorilla trekking certificate.
- Complimentary Traditional dance entertainment during gorilla brifing.
- Services of a guide and trackers during the trek
- English speaking driver guide.
Gorilla tour excludes:
- personal expenses like laundry and wi-fi access
- Extra tours not included in the program.
- Non obligatory gratuities to the gorilla trekking team and guide.